Many of us will try anything to get away from hard feelings. Food, shopping, alcohol, screens… There is an endless list of distractions and addictions we use to try to avoid our emotions. But the key word here is “try,” and as much as we might resist the tough feelings, it never really works. Today, I’m thrilled to talk about the power of sitting with unpleasant feelings with my guest Dr. Joan Rosenberg.
In this episode, I’m speaking with Dr. Joan Rosenberg about why emotional resilience, confidence, and managing negative emotions are the secret to an amazing life.
In this podcast, Dr. Rosenberg and I discuss:
- What is confidence?
- The 6 steps to develop confidence
- How to accept and lean into unpleasant feelings
- The 8 unpleasant feelings – and learn how they affect your body
- What is emotional strength and how to achieve it?
- How to learn to ask for help
- The power of speaking your truth